Friday, July 14, 2017

An Artist's Inspiration


Do you ever wonder where an artist may get their ideas?

Well, I for one, read many books, fashion magazines, newspapers; or if I watch television or film, or look out the window at home or spend time with nature - there is inspiration everywhere.

You just have to look closely and let everything you see absorb into your senses. It may be the scent of falling rain, the brewing of fresh coffee, the sound of church bells ringing or the tiniest transluscent wings of a butterfly.

Inspiration...
I am inspired by all kinds of things - looking at the architecture of our city's buildings, the tall maple trees near my home.  Nature is a big influence - as you can see in my work. Symbolism is another - such as the butterfly's transformation from a silken cocoon to a breathtaking beauty rising heavenward with new life. And so is Faith. There are many notes of biblical scripture and how the verses relate to everyday life.

I record all my thoughts, ideas, sketches into leather-bound notebooks and now this collection has become a wonderful library. Journaling is a great experience and I recommend it highly to all. It brings balance and peace to one's soul!        

Follow me at https://www.facebook.com/pattyblipinski.artist
Stop by https://www.pattyblipinski.com to see how I have placed these ideas into paintings.

#sketches #notebook #journal #artist #artistoninstagram

No comments:

Post a Comment